These are instructions to start mining certain AltCoins (ethereum, monero and others) which limit their mining to only using graphics cards. These instructions are based on the Ubuntu 16.04 operating system.
First, gather all the required hardware. Note that this is just a guide which refers to the above video, you can modify your mining rig to your liking:
- X8 – RX 570
- X1 – Motherboard capable of total eight slots.
- X1 – CPU with fan and thermal grease.
- X2 – PCI-E 4X Female to NGFF M.2 M Male Adapter Key
- X2 – Thermaltake 850W PSU
- X1 – 16GB RAM
- X1 – 256GB SSD
- X8 – 1X to 16X Risers
- X8 – 6-pin PSU to SATA cables
- X1 – PSU Y-Connector to connect two PSUs to one motherboard
- A cooling solution
Step 1 – Connect all the hardware together as shown in the video:
Step 2 – Download and install the Ubuntu 16.04 desktop iso on the rig.
Then, run in the terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt -y dist-upgrade
Step 3 – Download and install the AMD video driver.
Step 4 – Install a miner.
For ethereum, run in the terminal:
sudo apt clean sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ethereum/ethereum-qt sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ethereum/ethereum sudo apt update sudo apt -y install cpp-ethereum
ethminer -G -F http://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com/0x2a65aca4...email@example.com